So, why not try bicycling in Boston?
- Does bicycling in traffic intimidate you?
- Do you enjoy bicycling for fun, but you're not so sure about riding
Here are some things you can do:
- Become more confident by improving your bicycling skills and learning
to ride defensively. An Effective Cycling course begins
Wednesday, May 28, 5:30-8:30 pm in Kendall Sq., Cambridge. 2 more evening
sessions TBA. Includes classroom, video, and on-bike instruction with
a League of American Bicyclists-certified instructor. Other courses TBA
later in the summer.
- Contact the Bicycle Coalition of Massachusetts to register, 491-RIDE,
or sign up here.
- Talk with a real, live person about the trials, tribulations, and rewards
of bicycling for transportation. We'll match you with an experienced bicycle
commuter who can meet you for a ride (perhaps to and from work) and give
you tips on traffic, routes, night riding and clothing. Sign up to find
a Bike Buddy.
- Or, are you an experienced rider who would like to share your bicycling
knowledge and experience? Sign up to be a Bike Buddy.
- Ask your co-workers who bicycle is there a Bicycle Users Group
(BUG) at your workplace? BUGs can help improve conditions for bicyclists
in a company and provide a way to meet other bicyclists.
- For help in forming a BUG, call the Bicycle Coalition of Massachusetts,