Berkshire Regional Transit Authority
BIKES ON BUSES!!
The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority (BRTA) is pleased to
have bicycle racks available on its buses for the convenience and
enjoyment of its customers.
The bus bike racks are mounted on the front bumper of the bus
and are simple to use. Up to two standard 2-wheeled bicycles can
be loaded into the bike racks. At no additional cost !!
Bike racks are available on BRTA buses from April to November,
depending on weather conditions. The purpose of these racks is to
give Berkshire County residents and visitors greater opportunity
to make use of the BRTA bus service. The BRTA is pleased to have
this "added value" feature available to its customers.
Please direct any questions about the bike racks to the BRTA's
Operations staff at 499-2782 (or 800-292-2782) x 13
USE OF THE BUS BIKE RACKS IS AT THE
BRTA Bus BIKE RACK POLICIES
- passengers pay no additional fare for their bicycle
- a passenger may bring only one bicycle
- passengers load and unload their bicycles without
assistance from the bus operator
- the bike rack is released from its upright, stored
position by the passenger with an easy, one-handed pull
- the first bicycle placed into the bike rack must be
placed in the rack nearest to the bus
- the spring-loaded bar is slipped over the bike tire to
hold it into the bike rack (a properly-loaded bike makes
contact with the bike rack only with the tires)
- the passenger unloading the last bike from the bike rack
must return the rack to its upright, stored position with
the easy-to-use handle
- bicycles may NOT be locked into the bike rack
- bicycles will not be allowed into the bus in inclement
weather or when the bike rack already has two bikes in it
- use of the bike racks is at the passenger's risk
Call 499-2782 x 13 with questions.
Updated on February 11, 1999 by Kenyon F.
Unintentional errors are likely!