- been president of the
Boston Area Bicycle Coalition
three times, and was a board member for all but the first three
years of its existence,
- been the first president of the Bicycle Coalition of Massachusetts,
which grew out of the BABC and is now the
Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition,
- served on the boards of those organizations for 15 years from 1980
to 1995 (and again from 2004-2006),
- served on the Boston Bicycle Advisory Committee until its demise in 2003.
- planned bike routes with the City of Boston,
- advocated bikes on trails as chair of the Statewide Trails Advisory
Board for three years during the 1980's,
- also worked on bikepaths
as an advocate for the extension of the Charles River Bikepath and the
construction of the Minuteman Commuter Bikeway,
- co-coordinated Boston Bike Days in 1986, 1987, and 1988.
- worked on, and sometimes run
from 1980 through
- worked on
Bikes on the T
for almost 20 years.
Last updated June 18, 2007 by